03 3 / 2014
24 2 / 2014
Thank you for tagging me, fuckitjustleaveit!
Rules: In a text post, list ten books that have stayed with you in some way. Don’t take but a few minutes, and don’t think too hard — they don’t have to be the “right” or “great” works, just the ones that have touched you. Tag ten friends, including me, so I’ll see your list. Make sure you let your friends know you’ve tagged them.
So the first that came to my mind are:
- Heart of Darkness - Joseph Conrad
- Young Adam - Alexander Trocchi
- How Late It Was, How Late - James Kelman
- The Metamorphosis - Franz Kafka
- The Shock Doctrine - Naomi Klein
- The Prelude - William Wordsworth (its book length, it counts)
- The Beautiful and Damned - F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Othello - William Shakespeare (prose wasn’t specified)
- The Driver’s Seat - Muriel Spark
- The Penguin Book of Scottish Verse - Various.
22 2 / 2014
tonight was a night i wanted to do something stupid. i’m glad i didnt, yet i’m not.